Monday, March 14

Books and Quotes

I just finished reading the book Don't Shoot the Dog: The New Art of Teaching and Training by Karen Pryor. Fantastic book, opened my eyes to a lot of things. A few things are really sticking with me and I have to shut myself up from telling others around me how what they are doing is wrong and they could accomplish more faster by reading and implementing what is in this book. I have been able to hold myself back because I don't want to be that person.

But what has also stuck with me is a quote she used from the German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer:


All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Although she switched the word "truth" for "new idea". So true.

3 Comments:

Blogger johntheobold1619 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

10:43 AM  
Blogger davidwilliams65882801 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

1:41 PM  
Blogger h3x40lrt said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home