Tuesday, February 8

Cribs and Safety

I wish I had written down where I found this tidbit, I think it was a crib manufacturer's site. It stated that for safety their bars were less than 2 3/8" apart.

Apparently there is some huge problem with cribs made before 1978. The distance between the bars seems to be what I've heard most about. Before this, I hadn't been able to get my hands on what exactly the magic number was.

This info is quite important because my mother has held onto the crib she had for me and my siblings, which was definitely built before 1978, and plans to have her grandchildren use it. Of course I haven't spoken to my husband yet about this. I don't know if it would bother him or not, but then again, I'm not pregnant yet. Better to be prepared with the necessary info.

Perhaps I'll try to do some more research on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home