Wednesday, December 29

No Santa for Christmas

Whoa. I like the idea behind Santa, but never liked the lies. This really got me thinking.

I hated finding out that my parents had lied to me or held something back from me no matter what it was or what their reason. I had thought that I wouldn't be perpetuating the Santa story myself when I had kids, but hadn't sat down and worked out how I would get it done.

At a friend's place a little while ago, I was told "Santa will be making a visit this year!" The original grandpa who played Santa had passed away about a month before, and this was the host's way of telling me that someone was going to step in to play Santa for her two grandsons this Christmas. No one in my family ever played Santa, and this may be why I thought it was an odd tradition at first. I thought that having a relative play the role would expedite the process of bursting the myth.

I have no idea how I will be handling all of this once kids come around. I don't want to mislead them, but I also don't want to have them bursting anyone else's bubble. I'll be googling this for more views for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home